WELCOME TO THE DRAGON'S DEN
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
Location: Delanco Public School District
Qualifications: Valid CDL Bus License Required
Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and school staff
Knowledge of safety and effective discipline procedures
Ability to maintain a safe ride of transportation for the students to and from school
Qualifications: Valid NJ CDL School Bus License Required
Salary commensurate with experience
Please send your resume to:
Mr. James M. Heiser, CPA
Fax (856) 461-1627
Applications will be accepted until Monday, June 4th at Noon.
Delanco Board of Education
1301 Burlington Avenue
Delanco, NJ 08075
Delanco Township School District is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Position: Bus Driver
Reports To: Business Administrator
Department: Transportation Department
Job Purpose: The bus driver shall be responsible for transporting students over scheduled routes and/or to and from special excursions; ensuring vehicle operation is in a safe condition; and ensuring safety of students during transport, loading and unloading from buses in accordance with the regulations set forth by Board policy and New Jersey Statutes.
Primary Job Function
Transport students or special clients, such as the elderly or persons with disabilities. Ensure adherence to safety rules. May assist passengers in boarding or exiting.
Essential Job Functions
- Follow safety rules as students board and exit buses or cross streets near bus stops.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Maintain order among pupils during trips to ensure safety.
- Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled neighborhood locations, following strict time schedules.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Drive gasoline, diesel, or electrically powered multi-passenger vehicles to transport students between neighborhoods, schools, and school activities.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, or fares received.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfort.
- Escort small children across roads and highways.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Psychology - Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Depth Perception - The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Far Vision - The ability to see details at a distance.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Control Precision - The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
Tools & Technology Tools
- Powered service doors
- Passenger buses
- Emergency first-aid kits
- Emergency exit doors
- Bus warning lights
- Portable fire extinguishers
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Wheelchair lifts
- Cell phones
- Web browser software GPS and Mapping software
Additional Job Activities
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material - Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment - Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
1301 Burlington Avenue, Delanco, NJ 08075 • Phone 856.461.1905